Sunday, June 1, 2008

You Bring The Ice Cream!


Happy Monday everyone and welcome to our new CCEE Stampers blog where my CCEE friends and I will be uploading our Monday challenges cards every week.

I combined two challenges to create this card. First up it is my CCEE challenge, this week our challenge was paper piecing. I paper pieced the blouse the girl is wearing using the same dotted paper that I used on the back panel of the card.

It is also this week's MFT sketch challenge over on the MFT Member Forum of SCS.

I selected a pink & brown color scheme for this card using various shades of pinks & browns. The scallop rectangle was created using my rectangle nestabilities ... cutting two rectangles and then joining them to get the width I needed. The circle is also created using nestabilities .... I also used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture. The ribbon was white that I colored using my copic markers.

The stamps used on this card are the new "Here's the Scoop" stamp set by MFT stamps to be released this Wednesday 4th June.


Recipe:
Stamps: Here's the Scoop Set - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, Cameo Coral, Closely Cocoa & Chocolate Chip - SU; Striped DP - Imaginisce; Dotted DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Circle & Rectangle Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Copic Markers; Foam Tape


6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Frances, looks so good her on our blog.

Anonymous said...

This is another great ice cream card. Okay...what's the deal...do failed to tell me it was an ice cream challenge? It truly is a fun sketch in wonderful colors! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love your card and love our new blog! You rock!

Judy Rozema said...

So cute!! Great colors!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Yummy colors Hoots!! Love the strip across the bottom too!! Adorable card!! Thanks for keeping this blog going so well, and for uploading my card!! You, my friend, are AWESOME!!

Carolyn King said...

there is so much fun stuff going on on this card--i love all the differnet patterns/textures. Another fabulous creation!